If applying, please use source: Baird Job Posting -> Handshake
Baird is seeking talent interested in becoming a Financial Advisor through our Financial Advisor Training Program (FATP). FATP is a 5-month long training program designed to prepare Financial Advisor Trainees who are new to the career path and industry. The program provides wealth management training intensive preparation followed by ongoing support and professional development, which consists of four main areas of development: Licensing & Certifications, Wealth Solutions & Baird Expert Trainings, Team Business Planning Engagement Calls, and Sales Training. The objective of the program is to create confident, professional Financial Advisors who fulfill the Private Wealth Management Mission. The objectives are achieved throughout the entirety of the 5-month program, which is conducted twice per year to include both licensed and unlicensed associates. A brief overview of each of the required learning and development components are provided below:
- Licensing & Certifications – All Baird Financial Advisors are required to have the SIE, Series 7 & Series 66 licenses as well as Life & Health Insurance certifications. The combination of the Series 65 & 63 licenses is also permitted, in place of the Series 66. It is the expectation that associates engage in all components of the training program in addition to the responsibility of earning their licenses. It is strongly recommended that associates obtain their SIE prior to the program start date.
- Wealth Solutions & Baird Expert Trainings – Over the course of the 5-month program, we will introduce trainees to the key components of Wealth Solutions (WS) through monthly focused topics. Each month and topic will feature specific FATP Workday Training Videos, Baird Expert Training Calls, interactive workshops, and assignments. Trainees will gain exposure to department contacts and learn how best to utilize each business partner.
- Team Business Planning Engagement Calls – New Financial Advisors are required to develop a written business plan to confirm roles, responsibilities, business focus, target market, and an action plan for the first 6-12 months and beyond. Roles and responsibilities will be discussed heavily to help teams outline specific needs and identify where focus should be spent, develop a strong team structure, a comprehensive business plan, and layout a detailed plan for success
- Sales Training – To help FAs develop sales training tactics, they will complete a full week of sales training that will take place in person in Milwaukee, WI. The objective of this training will focus primarily on: New Business Development, Strategic Business Planning, and Effectively Conducting Meetings.
Upon graduation from the Financial Advisor Training Program, the Trainee becomes a Financial Advisor and formally joins a team of one or more veteran Financial Advisors. He/she begins cultivating a client base and works to provide financial solutions and guide clients’ decision making.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree required; in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or communications a plus.
- 3+ years of experience required, preferably in a sales or financial services oriented capacity (Mortgage or insurance sales, pharmaceutical sales, etc. or CPA, Estate Planning, Commercial Banking, Financial Wholesaler, Trust Officer, etc.), or ownership and operation of a business.
- Must be SIE, Series 7/63/65 or 7/66 licensed or have the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Demonstrated success in sales with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ideally has a natural market from which to develop business and former experience in a commissioned compensation structure ideal.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or similar designation a plus.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, monitor, and complete multiple tasks or projects, either independently or with a team.